2011 Musjid-ut-Taqwa, Pietermaritzburg, KZN, South Africa .
Hazrat Moulana Dawood Seedat Saheb (DB)
As the month of Ramadhaan approaches the ulama encourage the masses to start preparation for the month of Ramadhaan, as we are encouraged to by making duaa to Allah Taala in the words,
Allahumma Baariklana fi Rajab wa Sha’baan wa Balighna Ramadhaan
(O Allah grant us blessing in the months of Rajab and Sha’baan and let us witness the month of Ramadhaan)
How can we make these preparations?
1. Set aside time to make tilaawat of Quraan Shareef. This must be made daily, whether it is a few rukus or a quarter, in anticipation of increasing many fold by the time Ramadhaan Shareef comes.
2. If we are not making dua, then we should start now. Ramadhaan Shareef is a time of making duaa and Allah Taala readily accepts duaas. If one is not in the habit of making duaa then start by making duaa for at least five minutes, and time oneself. An easy way would be; at one minute intervals :
· Praise Allah Taala
· Read Durood Shareef
· Ask Allah Taala for forgiveness
· Ask Allah Taala for ones worldly needs
· Ask Allah Taala for our needs of aakhirat.
· End by praising Allah Taala and reading some
3. Increase our salaat. If one is reading five time salaat, then he should now check if he is reading all the sunnat –e-muakkadah, ghair muakkadah and nawaafil salaat. If he is reading salaat in a Musallah then he should make attempts to now start reading salaat in the Musjid.
This is where our preparation should start. Insha Allah Taala this will become part of our lives and we will start reaping the benefits of this blessed and auspicious month from the first day.
Above transcripts extracted from Haz. Mol. Dawood Seedat Saheb's Majaalis dated 10 May 2014. Should you wish to listen to the full programme, download the MP3 audio file from HERE
Hadhrat Moulana Maseehullah (R.A.) explained in a majlis that a saalik, if he is sincere, is blessed with three things. When he makes intention to bring about reformation then the first thing he is blessed with is Basirat.
Basirat is given to different people at different levels as Allah Taala wishes. The effect of this is that his thinking now becomes aligned. Together with this alignment, there must also be balance.
The result of this alignment is that the persons thinking is now with greater consideration of deen and shariat. To understand it, Nabi (Salallahualaihiwasalam) prohibited men from wearing the pants below the ankle. When the saalik hears this, his reaction is to check within himself first and see if he has this problem.
If he is guilty, he will seek guidance on rectifying his wrong. The person without basirat will seek to justify his position. The saalik will always take the route of precaution and rectify his position. The person with basirat will be able to exercise his faculty of thinking. If the saalik still has issues with everything, then Allah Taala has not blessed him with basirat due to lack of sincerity.
After being blessed with basirat and having persevered, he is now blessed with Hidayat. For the saalik, this is the catalyst to make amal. At this point he will still be prone to making mistake but he still perseveres. The tug of war between shaytaan and the saalik will continue but the chain of love between the saalik and Allah Taala must never break.
After continuous amal with istiqamat, regardless of trials and circumstances, this bears fruit. This fruit is the third blessing from Allah Taala, Qurb wa Qubool. The saalik now gets very close to Allah Taala. He continues with his amal and Allah Taala accepts him. Allah Taala will now be his guide. At every juncture his gaze will be on Allah Taala. Once this happens and the saalik remains with istiqaamat, humility and sincerity then there is no end to the heights he can attain in reaching Allah Taala.
Allah Taala mentions this succession of events in the Quraan Shareef; Surah Al Jaathiya
“This Book contains clear evidences for mankind and is a guidance and a mercy for a people who possess firm faith.”